[ubuntu-uk] pc frequency monitoring thing in taskbar

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Nov 6 11:47:44 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 11:28 +0000, STONE COLD wrote:
> ok so its not reliable...ill set it up in frequency!
>
> is there an alternative to this app?

I don't think it's unreliable. It's just not showing information that
you might find easy to digest.

If you right click the applet you can change it from showing percentage
to the actual CPU speed. For example my laptop has a 2GHz dual-core
Intel CPU. I have two panel icons, one for each core (CPU0 and CPU1).
They generally both sit at 1GHz (50%), but when my machine is busy they
can either (or both) go up to 2GHz (100%). This is all perfectly normal
for laptops and desktops.

Not all CPUs support frequency scaling, many do though.

Cheers,
Al.