[ubuntu-uk] pc frequency monitoring thing in taskbar

STONE COLD javad_ayaz at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 6 11:28:07 GMT 2007

ok so its not reliable...ill set it up in frequency!

is there an alternative to this app?

Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 11:23:34 +0000From: tom at entrepreneuria.co.ukTo: ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.comSubject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] pc frequency monitoring thing in taskbar
I don't know how accurate it is, but I think it reads better if you set it to show the frequency units rather than a percentage. I've come across desktops with mobile processors in them before, there may also be some desktop processors with scaling features that I don't know about.Regards,TomSTONE COLD wrote:

so whats the 38%? is it an inaccurate reading?im using this on a desktop not a mobile pc btw!

Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 10:46:19 +0000From: tom at entrepreneuria.co.ukTo: ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.comSubject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] pc frequency monitoring thing in taskbarHi,I assume you mean the CPU frequency scaling monitor? This doesn't monitor CPU activity per se, it's for use with mobile processors with Speedstep technology. When the CPU isn't being maxed out it will run at a lower clock speed to save energy (to extend battery life) - mine flips between 600MHz and 1.4GHz.Regards,TomSTONE COLD wrote:

 Hi, I have a q about my pc. I dragged and dropped the CPU frequency monitoring thing into my taskbar. But it seems to be stuck on 38% constantly..even when the pc is idle..when i open up an app it will jump to 100% and then back again.. What could be causing this? Im using gutsy! Regards Javad