[ubuntu-uk] Hi all - perhaps you can help (At my whits end) Ubuntu 7.04 freezes on splash screen after install to new hard drive-HELP!!!

Rohan Omard nem2killu2 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 4 23:52:37 GMT 2007

I Alan and Dave(Walker). We met at the Gutsy launch party at the pembury in Hackney. Yep, I'm the guy that lost nearly two weeks sleep trying to find out why my feisty install kept freezing at the Ubuntu splash screen. Please can you look at this Ubuntu question/Bug report: https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/12661
and the one I have added to it:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hal/+bug/159397
that one contains a little more information and a theory as to why I cant boot with a drive attached to the highpoint rocketraid 1540 sata interface card.
I would gratefully appreciate any help that you can give me.

ps. On a lighter note, that was one hell of a night we had at that party, cant wait for the Hardy Heron one.

Many Thanks

Rohan  (aka N3m3sis) O'mard