[ubuntu-uk] Freeview

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 09:33:49 GMT 2007

<snip>
> until 2011 (a LONG, unbearable way away). Freeview.co.uk reports my
> area is without any FreeView whatsoever while DigitalUK says that I
> can receive some channels now.
<snip>

Yeah, we had that problem too.

One way around it is to get the cheapest Sky package, and cancel your
contract after the first year is up. You get to keep the sattelite and
reciever, but you can get the free channels anyway.

It looks like Sky are going to start pulling channels off Freeview and
charging for them though... I'm not sure if that'd mean they'll still
allow the channels to be broadcast free over sattelite?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/02/09/cnfree09.xml

Chris