[ubuntu-uk] Linux mysteriously broke my computer!

Alec Wright alecjw at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 15:53:51 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 15:34 +0000, Dougie Richardson wrote:
> It may be worth reading this
> http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html carefully so
> you know all your rights before going any further.
>From the warranty terms and conditions:
1. Cover provided by this contract:
(e)Unless otherwise agreed specifically in writing by the company in
relation to a particular item, the company has no responsibility under
this contract in relation to any of the following items, namely:
(i)Software, storage media, data retrieval

--So that seems to say that what OS/software is on my computer is none
of their business :)