[ubuntu-uk] Dual Boot problems

gord gordallott at gmail.com
Tue May 29 22:31:02 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 22:16 +0100, Robin Hall wrote:
> I have Windows XP and Ubuntu running as a dual boot system on my
> computer.  The system worked perfectly up until yesterday when Windows
> loaded and continues to load without giving me choice.  I understand
> this could be because the Grub boot loader has got corrupted.
> I would be glad to learn if their is a fix for this problem.

if grub was corrupted then you would not be able to boot up at all.

have you switched your drives around recently? you can also try jabbing
escape over and over when your computer boots up but before windows
starts, grub sometimes sits in a hidden mode where you have to press
escape to get to the actual menu.