[ubuntu-uk] new scanner

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Thu May 24 21:09:02 BST 2007

On 24/05/07, norman <norman at littletank.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 08:59 +0100, Neil Greenwood wrote:
> > That is odd, since mine is just a scanner, just USB and worked fine
> > out of the box.
> > I've just realised I never tried it on 6.10. I was on Dapper and did a
> > fresh install to Feisty.
>
> I wonder if that has anything to do with it. You did a fresh install
> whereas I just upgraded.
>
> Norman

I'd previously upgraded all the way from Warty, and things were a bit crusty!
Everything's much cleaner now that I've done a fresh install.

The first thing I did was do a fresh install into a small partition,
just to check things out. If you can find the space, this would be a
quick way to check your scanner.

Hwyl,
Neil.