[ubuntu-uk] technical question

norman norman at littletank.org
Wed May 23 19:02:17 BST 2007

> Thanks for that. Now I may be able to solve a problem I have been
> having. If it works I'll let you know.

I am very ignorant in these matters hence my question. There has been a
lot of correspondence relating to the non-working of scanners in
Ubuntu7.04. So, non techie me having read that the fault lies in the
kernel thought 'why not change the kernel to one which is known to
work'? So I did and it does the trick. Furthermore, the only thing I
can't do, so far, is play a sound. My sound is on the motherboard.
Suggestions would be very welcome.

Norman