[ubuntu-uk] Sound recording

Robin Hall robinhall at f2s.com
Mon May 21 09:41:23 BST 2007

Chris Jones wrote:
> Hi
>
> Robin Hall wrote:
>
>>> Could you run http://www.linux-sound.info/alsa/scripts/alsa-info.sh and
>>>
>> I did what you suggest and got a
>> long script
>>

> What he meant was to download that script and run it.
>
> The following should do the trick:
>
> w3m -dump_source FOOBAR >/tmp/alsa-info.sh
> chmod +x /tmp/alsa_info.sh
> /tmp/alsa_info.sh
>
> (note, where I wrote "FOOBAR" above, instead write the original URL from
> linux-sound.info - I skipped it to stop the line from wrapping)
>
> Cheers,

Hi
Thank you again for your help. However,
The first line above yields the following error, "w3m: Can't load source"
The seond line, "chmod: cannot access `/tmp/alsa_info.sh': No such file
or directory"
My main reason for trying to resolve this problem is so that I can use
Skype for communicating with my children in South Africa

Regards
Robin Hall