[ubuntu-uk] libpath-class-perl 0.15-1 - again. And again. And...

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Sun May 20 10:54:46 BST 2007

On Sun, 20 May 2007 08:24:51 +0100
I C McNab <icmcnab at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Robert McWilliam wrote:
> > Does it get to successfully applied?
>
> Robert >>> Hard to say what's really happening.  There's no further
> output in the 'Details' screen to indicate that anything is actually
> being installed.  The Update Manager terminates with the usual
> 'Updates successfully applied' message;  but the package stays in the
> list of available updates.

Apt wont be hitting any errors then, as far as I know the 'Updates
successfully applied' message only comes up when the apt process
applying them exits with 0 (success).

It would be interesting to check if which of the packages is installed
changes each time you update (they have different sizes so checking if
the size changes in the package properties in synaptic should tell).
I don't think that'll help fix the problem I'm just curious what's
actually happening when you give apt two different packages with the
same version.

> I'll look into pinning the package, as you suggest.  I also wondered
> whether to try uninstalling it, setting sources.list to use the
> Universe repository rather than slimdevice, and reinstalling the
> package from Universe.

I don't think that'll work if you enable the slimdevice repository
again afterwards but should if you don't. Certainly worth a try as it's
simpler than pinning.

	Robert
Robert McWilliam     rmcw at allmail.net    www.ormiret.com

I wish I were a glow worm,