[ubuntu-uk] Search for files

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Sat May 19 14:52:56 BST 2007

On Sat, 19 May 2007 14:27:47 +0100
norman <norman at littletank.org> wrote:
> I think I
> have found a way. select to look in other in the drop down menu and
> then click twice on the left pointing arrow at the top left of the
> window which opens. Lo and beholdd the list appears.

This is the standard gnome file picker dialogue and it starts in your
home directory by default (that is the default place to search). The
left arrow near the top is a scroll type button to scroll the path
buttons, here you can't actually click it twice (from my home dir, from
a deeper directory you could) as it disappears after it gets clicked
once and is replaces by the button for the root folder (/).

You can get to / by using the Filesystem button in the left panel of
the dialogue box.

If there are directories that you search (or save/open files from)  a
lot you can add them to the list available in the drop down menu by
dragging them into the left panel in the file picker dialogue.

	Robert