[ubuntu-uk] Branching Threads

Ian Pascoe softy.lofty.ilp at btinternet.com
Fri May 18 22:47:36 BST 2007

Hi Guys 'n' Gals

I've been off air for 10 days and been trying to keep up with all those
posts now I'm bXK.

A little plea - when you branch a thread can you change the subject line as
well please?  Over this short period the amount of digressions was
unbelievable and I had to read through each mail to find out if I should be
interested in it or not!

And finally .... a tale of note.

I was off air for three unrelated but serial faults - line fault on my BB;
local network fault for entire town; and lastly the important bit.

I found out on Monday after watching a rather interesting electrical storm
that my router wasn't plugged into my mains conditioning gubbins and had got
FRIED!  Luckily the internals stopped it going any further or I could have
had a couple of fried PCs as well.

The moral?  Make sure all your sensitive electrical equipment is fed through
at least a spike suppressor or such like.

Ian

Ian