[ubuntu-uk] Greetings from South India!

Michael Wood admin at x3n.me.uk
Thu May 17 18:05:13 BST 2007

Edward Crompton wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I've been lurking on this list for a few weeks, and thought I'd finally
> introduce myself. I work for Mahiti.org, a not for profit technology
> consultancy for the voluntary sector based in Bangalore, India. We
> develop on a couple of FOSS content management systems and our whole
> infrastructure is Ubuntu based.
>
> Part of my reason for introducing myself is that I'm planning to return
> to the UK in August after two years of working with FOSS in the
> development sector in India. I'd like to continue to feed my enthusiasm
> to work in this field back in the UK. Would any of you be able to offer
> any pointers as to suitable organisations or projects that may hold
> opportunities for a person with my background? I know it's not a very
> Ubuntu specific request, but having said that, the bulk of my system
> admin and deployment experience has been Ubuntu based.
>
> Any comments or advice would be most appreciated!
>
> It's great to see such an active list over in the UK - I look forward to
> getting more involved on my return!
>
> Warm regards,
>

> Edward

Some ideas for you,

- We have current projects listed on our wiki page [1]
- Start your own project with other ubuntu-uk people
- Get involved in a particular software package
- Do some translations [2]
- Answer some support questions [3]
- Join an ubuntu team (documentation, artwork, administrators, testers,
triags....)  [4]
- Promote use of ubuntu

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam
[2] https://translations.launchpad.net/