[ubuntu-uk] regarding for solution[Scanned]

Paul Brunt paul.brunt at armourhe.co.uk
Wed May 16 17:05:38 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure but this would make sense as the first answer to me:
the machine with 990 ticks should be experiencing time at
(990/1000) of real time
the machine with 1015 ticks should be experiencing time at
(1015/1000) of real time
The length of time it would take the two systems to go out of sync be 5
seconds would be:
(1015/1000)a - (990/1000)a = 5
where "a" is the time needed between syncs
so answer is 200 seconds

Sorry, but the I've not really got time to work out the second one right
now. I'll try and get back to it at some point if someone hasn't beaten
me to it ;-)

Thanks

Paul

--

Paul Brunt
Web Developer

paul.brunt at armourhe.co.uk <mailto:paul.brunt at armourhe.co.uk>
DDI +44 (0) 1279 719584

Stortford Hall Industrial Park
Dunmow Road, Bishops Stortford,
Hertfordshire, CM23 5GZ

United Kingdom

www.armourhe.co.uk

Tel +44 (0) 1279 501111
Fax +44 (0) 1279 501080

privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, please e-mail the sender immediately by replying to this
message and delete the material from any computer. Armour Home
Electronics Ltd shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete
transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for
any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. Armour Home
Electronics Ltd does not guarantee that the integrity of this
communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of
viruses, interceptions or interference. This message is attributed to
the sender and may not necessarily reflect the view of Armour Home
Electronics Ltd.