[ubuntu-uk] Security on Version 6-06 LTS

George MacLeod bhaltair at gmail.com
Wed May 9 12:38:09 BST 2007

Hi Peter,
Getting used to the way things are done in Linux takes time if you're used
to Windows. You can install most software packages from either
Applications>Add/Remove or by using the Synaptic package manager found in
System>Administration>Synaptic Package Manager. Using Synaptic you will be
able to install Firestarter (firewall) and ClamAV (anti-virus). Personally I
usually only install Firestarter.