[ubuntu-uk] www.ubuntu-uk.org

TheVeech theveech at gmail.com
Wed May 9 09:15:27 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 00:31 +0100, Chris Rowson wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I think it'll look great once it's been ported across to the new site
> design, the site's looking really promising.
>
> One thing that does strike me however is the banner across the top.
>
> I'm not sure the ubuntu-uk logo needs repeating again in the banner.

That green thing is just pug ugly.  But that's about the only visual
aspect I can be really negative about.  It's a nice initial page.  I
quite like the banner because it makes the page seem not to be
text-heavy, but it could be played with a bit.  I think the arrangement
of the rest of the text is good, too.

> I'm not that fond of the picture of a mountain landscape either. It
> seems a little out of place.

The images in the banner could do with filling in the available area.

Wonder if it'd be better to have uk-specific news and/or selected uk
members' blog posts on the first page with an about link instead.  Even
though this new design is great for getting people involved in the
group, is there a compelling reason to return to the site?  Then again,
is the page intended just for potential members?  I know, e.g., posts
are available elsewhere, but I'm lazy/time-constrained and want it all
too easy.

Good thing about this thread is I've actually paid a bit of attention to
the site, because I didn't bother at first.  Wonder how many people have
been similarly slack in this regard, and why?