[ubuntu-uk] An Introduction

Gregory Kirby Gregory at 1sthome.co.uk
Sun May 6 16:15:09 BST 2007

HI Kris,

I have had a play with Ubuntu. I also have a Kubuntu disk ready to play
around with too.

I have realised that I may have trouble opening existing MS Office docs,
mainly Word, some Excel and Access. Also couldn't play my mp3 files, of
which I have many via Creative.

I presume there are tools to convert formats, so will demo again.

I came out of Ubuntu as I couldn't get on line. I will note my ADSL
settings via Zoom USB modem, my Turnpike settings for POP3 email, and go
in again.

Is there a big difference between Kubuntu and Ubuntu?

Initial impressions are that there is a bit more thought and input
required of the user which I find healthy and stimulating. Windows takes
all this away as if I am unable to fathom things out for myself. I also
think that a better understanding of Ubuntu et al would lead to a better
understanding of computers.

Looking forward to unleashing Beryl :-)

--
Gregory J Kirby MBA Residential letting Agent
www.1sthome.co.uk (The "NO" fees to tenants agency!)