[ubuntu-uk] Leaflets

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 4 15:00:33 BST 2007

On Friday 04 May 2007 13:17:21 James Tait wrote:
> I've documented the required process for both on LiveJournal (I can find
> links if anyone's interested), but it boils down to this: when you first
> connect your computer to the cable modem, you should get a private IP
> address via DHCP.  You need to register your MAC address (along with
> your account number and PIN I think), which is done via a web interface.
>  Then you'll be told to reboot your computer, after which you get a
> public IP address via DHCP.

One thing to note here, and I only mention it because your post has reminded
me, MAC address changes don't seem to matter: I have quite happily changed
routers connected to my cable modem without any need to contact NTL.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
Schmidt's Observation:
	All things being equal, a fat person uses more soap