[ubuntu-uk] screencasts, was Leaflets

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu May 3 11:14:49 BST 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 10:58:47AM +0100, TheVeech wrote:
> Yes, but maybe it's a case of pooling our talents.  E.g. you're
> especially good at the narration but, I might be able to help with
> others on ideas and scripts.  Other people might want to do storyboards,
> and so on.

Thank you for the compliment.

I completely agree with you, and we actually have that process in place!

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScreencastTeam/Requests has the list of screencasts
we would like to see made. Many of the linked pages there are blank. That's
where we need people to fill in ideas, scripts, storyboards as you say.

In addition we need people to think up more screencasts to make. Of course
making them is a priority too :)

> I'm not too sure about the different ways of bringing this about, but
> I'm sold on the idea that these screencasts are important enough to
> deserve more of my time at least, if what I'm hopeless at can be done by
> other people.  Maybe this collaborative approach would benefit from the
> screencasts having its own list/forum, but, again, I'm not too clued up
> on this.

We hang around in #ubuntu-doc (the documentation team channel) and on the
ubuntu-doc mailing list. There doesnt seem to be enough traffic to justify a
whole list to ourselves, although I have seen some very quiet lists :)

I really appreciate your interest in this project. I value peoples feedback.

Cheers,
Al.