[ubuntu-uk] Leaflets

Josh Blacker jkblacker at gmail.com
Thu May 3 11:03:49 BST 2007

On 5/3/07, Kris Marsh <moogman at gmail.com> wrote:
> And most importantly: Why should I use it?
>
> Maybe before we decide what we want to tell people, we really need to
> decide *who* we are talking to, and what we want to tell them as the
> big picture?
>
> I like the Ubuntu specification way of doing things. A bunch of Use
> Cases may be ideal here:
>
> - Grandma doesn't really know what a computator is, or what an
> Internet is, but she hears good things on the TV and she wants to be
> able to learn.
> - Jeff is a father, and wants to buy a new PC for his kids. He's
> really looking for something to help them learn as well as have fun.
> And of course, he doesn't want to worry about maintaining the machine.
> - Sarah works in a SMB, and is asked to look for cost effective ways
> to integrate more technology. She's heard of this Linux thing, so
> would like to know more.

Another big target would be the student market - none of us have lots
of money to spend on either expensive hardware or software, so trying
to increase use among university/college students would be a good move
I feel. I write for my student newspaper and am hoping to do a feature
on ubuntu next (academic) year as it is.

Josh

(p.s. - Hi! Have been on the mailing list a couple of days now, new to
linux and ubuntu but very keen!)