[ubuntu-uk] LUGs

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Wed Mar 28 21:25:01 BST 2007

Caroline Ford wrote:
> GLLUG (Greater London LUG) has a wide catchment area and has people
> coming from all over the place!
>
> As a more technical and less drinking orientated (although that goes on
> afterwards) we get a really diverse bunch.
>
> I've read on some lists that some women feel uncomfortable in attending
> an entirely social meeting (especially if you don't know anybody) but
> are happy with something more structured.

Linux User Group of Glastonbury appears to have settled down again now,
having lost our permanent home some time ago... we have a venue called
the "Davies Hall" at West Camel, just north of Yeovil, which has
internet access and is proving good value.

We're meeting, God willing, 2nd Tuesday for a structured meeting
(presentations, workshops etc.) and 4th Thursday for a more open "come
with your problems" type evening.

If anybody from Dorset, Devon or further afield wishes to come please
feel free to join the LUGOG Mailing List, which you will find linked
from http://lugog.org.uk

Sean