No subject

Fri Mar 9 17:02:12 GMT 2007

connections is to stop malware that makes it on to a compromised system
from making outgoing connections and infecting other machines. Given you
are running Ubuntu and you have some pretty good inbound rules, I think
this is unlikely.

Setting outbound rules in my experience is quite tricky due to things
like ftp and other odd protocols. Normal practise is to just use inbound
rules unless you have specific reasons to do otherwise.

HTH

Regards,
Tony.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold