[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu-uk graphics

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 20:02:13 BST 2007

> Organisations have to be very protective about their trademarks. If they
> are allowed to be used freely as is or modified, then they can lose
> their trademark status through general usage. The Kleenex company in the
> US had this problem many years ago. I think there was a big court case
> about it.
>
> Regards,
> Tony.

That's fair enough Tony.

I was really commenting about Matt saying:

> Canonical is beginning to understand that customising the logo is in fact
> a bad idea and causes the initial logo to lose its power.

I didn't mean using it without their permission so they loose
trademark status because of general usage.  I was commenting on the
turnaround from granting derivative works to disallowing them if you
see what I mean....

Regards

Chris