[ubuntu-uk] Novell adverts

gord gordallott at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 11:21:48 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 10:56 +0100, Chris Rowson wrote:

> Your average user isn't to bothered about how something works, they
> just want it to have spangly flashy whizzy buttons and a cool
> reputation.
>
> It'd be a great idea if Ubuntu was to set up a site where users could
> contribute videos to advertise Ubuntu - like mozilla did with
> http://www.firefoxflicks.com
>
> Chris

did firefoxflicks really promote firefox all that much? or did it just
preach to the converted. personally i'm of the opinion that we don't
need to convince 'your average user', your average user uses what comes
pre-installed on their computer when they buy it from PC-world or..
wherever it is the cool kids get their pc's from these days, the people
that need convincing are the small business leaders,
government/education leaders and distributes.