[ubuntu-uk] UKTeam meeting update

Robin Menneer robinmenneer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 11:57:21 GMT 2007

On 3/21/07, Nik Butler <nik at reducedhackers.com> wrote:
> Did you know there are  380 subscribers to the UK Maillist allowing for
> duplicates and metoo addresses thats not a small number of people
> chatting and sharing ideas about Ubuntu. meanwhile the IRC Channel
> #ubuntu-uk is growing steadily with approximately 40 members in channel
> at any  time. The wiki ( http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam ) is growing and
> the information found there is a demonstration of how much we are all
> doing within the community.
>
> We had the 8th meeting of the UKTeam the channel last night and the
> topic of Roles and Contacts (  http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/Contact ) ,
> especially relating to the LOCOContact arose. I have created a new page
> on the wiki to detail the current roles and responsibilities. I would
> invite everyone to review these and if there are questions, concerns,
> thoughts or ideas then please get in touch here or direct to me.
>
> Id like to remind everyone reading this message that the UKTeam has a
> regular meeting at which only 40 members are present but in general 10
> to most of the discussions. Id love to see more people around during the
> meetings and providing input on the Agendas or at the meeting and if you
> have and concerns or questions about taking part in just this way then
> get in touch. I appreciate we are much more a meritocracy than democracy
> and I really dont want to get bogged down with "commitees" so the
> purpose of the Contact page is to highlight key areas that are currently
> "managed" and give people who may wish to help an opportunity to ask for
> others to know your out there.
>
> That is all for now and thanks for reading.
>
> Nik Butler
> Ubuntu-UK

As an aged and thick newbe of some months standing, I'm still trying
to find my way around Ubuntu.  What I joined for is easier ways of
doing things on my computer than I can do on my friendly mac, probably
like most thickies taking on Ubuntu (Windows is a no-no for me).
Probably we need a single route for absolute thickies off which they
can be tempted (at different points) when they are sure of themselves.