[ubuntu-uk] Code of conduct (was For 'women' read 'newbs')

Dave Murphy dave at schwuk.com
Tue Mar 20 11:37:45 GMT 2007

Tony Arnold wrote:
> Well, the instructions were to replace 'women' with 'newbs' when you
> read it, so if anything it would be disrespectful to 'newbs'!

That's what I get for ignoring the topic line. To digress, surely it
would have been better to edit the joke accordingly as everyone knows
you can't rely on users to do anything right! (Of course now I've
offended users everywhere!)

> (BTW, I'm an atheist and was not offended in any way).

That bit *was* meant in jest. Personally I didn't find the joke
offensive at all, I only sought to clarify (in absence of Caroline's own
clarification) where I thought she felt it breached the CoC.
--
Dave Murphy - http://www.schwuk.com