[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu UK Forums

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Sun Mar 18 18:29:46 GMT 2007

Chris,

Chris Rowson wrote:

> I am - I know making the assumption that people prefer forums, but I
> think in general this assumption seems to be true. Where mailing lists
> are the mainstay of open source and linux communication I think forums
> would give the group a higher profile and encourage a far greater
> interaction with the community.
>
> Does anyone else agree or am I alone? Is there any harm in requesting
> a UK LoCo forum?

This issue has been discussed several times on this list. IIRC, it was
about a 50/50 split between forums and mailing lists, although not
formal vote was ever taken.

I think the answer would be to have both and a gateway between the two
so anything on the forums goes to the list and vice versa. I've no idea
about the technical feasibility/difficulty of this, but it would keep
everybody happy, IMHO.

Oh, and welcome to the list!

Regards,
Tony.