[ubuntu-uk] App for organizing pdfs

Kris Marsh moogman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 11:47:24 GMT 2007

Regarding file system tagging, take a look at Leaftag -
http://www.chipx86.com/wiki/Leaftag. Development seems to have
stagnated unfortunately, and it doesn't seem to work for Ubuntu (I've
not been motivated enough to spend more than about 20 minutes on it
though).

Something more immediately available is Tracker -
http://www.gnome.org/projects/tracker/ - which apparently does
tagging. I'm not sure if anyone has written a Nautilus plugin to
access the tagging functionality though (yet!)... There are apt
repositories for Tracker on the website, so you can install it via
Synaptic/Add-Remove Programs/apt-get.

-Kris