[ubuntu-uk] What manufacturer wireless access point to buy?

Dave Walker DaveWalker at skydivers.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 21:09:07 GMT 2007

Hi Alan,

Personally i would recommend the "Buffalo WHR-G54S-1" - currently £28.78
(free P&P) from amazon.  It's very Linux friendly (it's even running it
inside).  It supports 802.11g (currently the fastest official standard)
& has 4 wired Ethernet ports.

Also, if you want to - you can even load custom firmware onto it. One
good one is, http://www.dd-wrt.com .  This is very easy to do, and will
even allow you to 'ssh' in.  It will basically be a headless linux box.

If you do decide to run the custom firmware and require assistance, feel
free to give me a shout.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker