[ubuntu-uk] Curve-fitting program or package (a gnuplot example)

Toby Smithe toby.smithe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 23:24:32 GMT 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 15:25 +0000, Robin Menneer wrote:
[snip]
> Postscript.  Found (eventually) at www.xru.org.index.asp a program
> which I used on line (on a mac), is very simple, and apart from not
> drawing the graph, did all I wanted, including giving me the points
> for me to draw.  It should be part of the Ubuntu package.

Almost everything in the free software landscape was created by a
volunteer. If the feature hasn't yet been implemented it means two of
one thing:

1. That demand isn't high enough
2. (Perhaps a subset of [1]) That no-one has implemented it yet.

Although something perhaps should be provided, if someone notices that
missing feature (i.e., you), then that usually means someone else has
too, and it will probably eventually appear one day. If you really want
to have this, without writing any code yourself, you could file a
wishlist bug either on Launchpad, or at your preferred upstream.

That perhaps could be read more brashly than I wrote it to sound,

Toby

--
Help me get to Venezuela!
http://tibsplace.co.uk/venezuela