[ubuntu-uk] Thinking about switching to linux

Benjamin Webb bjwebb67 at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 2 21:58:59 GMT 2007

I am thinking about swithcing to ubuntu, but I use an AOL ADSL modem
to access the internet. This will not work well with linux (apparently
the eccisadsl drivers may be uncompatible).

Therefore, I a router to replace it with. I have found this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Linksys-5-Port-100-Switch-SD205/dp/B000225CXG/ref=sr_1_75/203-8642488-2050310?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1172871998&sr=1-75

1) Is it a fairly decent deal (I want to buy new)
2) Will this work for what I want (just plugging the DSL into one
socket and then plugging into the PC (Dell™ Dimension™ 5150C) using an
ethernet cable).

Thanks in advance,
Ben Webb