[ubuntu-uk] more things worth signing

Dave Walker DaveWalker at Skydivers.co.uk
Thu Mar 1 00:16:35 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 17:52 +0000, Caroline Ford wrote:

> > Unfortunately it's not all up to the BBC - according to their
> > literature, their 'content partners' are insisting on some form of DRM.
> >

> Partly because the BBC only pays for UK rights, not for the entire world.
>
> Caroline

Then the 'DRM' they need is only allow UK IP's to view the content; much
like they already have for some news features.

I know this can be easily worked around with a proxy server; but it's no
easier than than the DRM they are planning.

I suspect another major issue is the 'self[ish]-destruct after a fixed
time period.  The BBC can avoid this with an agreement, the users
promises to be bound with - to delete the content after x days.

Daviey

--
Dave Walker <DaveWalker at skydivers.co.uk>