[ubuntu-uk] Leaflets

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Fri Jun 29 08:30:08 BST 2007

alan c wrote:
> I see it has been put onto the wiki
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/Leaflets
> as
> leaflet1_alan_cocks.odt
> (this leaflet got a strong reaction from a Windows-only marketing
> professional that it covered too *many* significant points)

I think it has a lot of words... could also, probably, do with more
usage of fonts and sizes to draw the eye to the things the individual
reader might be interested in...

I would probably re-arrange the leaflet somewhat. I think that the
contact information, which is currently on page 5, should actually be on
page 6 as everything else will, hopefully, have persuaded them by then
to make contact. You could also have the download links for Ubuntu etc.
here.

I would then try to ensure that all the individual sections are on their
own pages. So, for instance, all the information about Ubuntu
specifically would be on page 5. We therefore have a leaflet that when
opened displays a page all about Ubuntu (folded in). The reader might
choose to read this first or to open the flap and start from the beginning.

Which would, broadly, probably result in a booklet that comprises...

Page 1: Front page with Tux
Page 2: Introduction to Open Source
Page 3: Ethos and Advantages
Page 4: Linux and Windows
Page 5: Ubuntu
Page 6: Contacts and Useful Information

Just my tuppence worth... hope there are some ideas of use therein...

Sean