[ubuntu-uk] Leaflets

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Thu Jun 28 22:44:10 BST 2007

Ian Pascoe wrote:
> Hi Matt
>
> Welcome back to the soft and squishy embrace of the United Kingdons of
> England and it's principalities!
>
> Well I hope you're feeling well rested and rareing to go .... the style of
> leaflets that you and Chris have done seem fine so far.  I do think that we
> need a few more though and we need to get ourselves a "style".  My
> additional leaflets would be, and in no particular order:
>
> * equivalent Ubuntu alternatives to Windows (maybe further split into those
> that are available on both OS's and those that aren't)
>
> * A simple guide to Linux, FOS and The Community
>
> * Possible ways to migrate from Windows to Linux and Ubuntu.
>
> There's been quite a lot of discussion and some really good ideas on the
> postings on this topic in the past.

I have had feedback (on a leaflet of mine) suggesting that for real
windows-only users, a FOSS leaflet by itself would be useful. The
first stage concept for them is -
Open Source software - is free and can be good quality - and there is
a community. All with Windows.
It is a short step then, for them to consider Linux as a possibility.

--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391