[ubuntu-uk] Dell & Ubuntu - gradually looking more hopeful

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 12:08:38 BST 2007

luxxius wrote:
> Andrew Gee wrote:
>> On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 08:52 +0100, luxxius wrote:
>>> Perhaps we could place orders and fund someone to go over and bring some
>>> back?  Any volunteers?  ;-)
>> Probably will be problems with the power adaptors being made for the US
>> though :-)
>>

> I wondered about that.  I'm sure I know people who've worked in USA and
> bought laptops there;  returning home, they've changed the plug or used
> a travel adapter, and the kit has worked fine.  Or am I imagining this?

Maybe not a problem, at least for a notebook.  My work provided Dell
Latitude has a PSU that accepts 100 to 240 volts 50/60Hz.  It has a UK
plug but it would work abroad.  Surely it would be the same for a
notebook bought in the states, makes sense to have a portable machine
that can be used world wide.  I wouldn't be able to put up with the US
keyboard though.

Rob