[ubuntu-uk] Need help with SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 card

John Watson borat at ez25.org.uk
Mon Jun 25 21:47:11 BST 2007

I am having some difficulties with my sound card. It only started
happening recently. If you are familiar with the SB Live! card you will
know it has a digital out socket. This is the output that has stopped
working.

Normal analogue out (speakers / headphones etc) works just fine.

I have checked in alsamixer(gui) that the digital out is "activated"
but still no joy.

It has been working up till last week or so and still works OK in Win XP
(which kinda rules out cables or the card).

Can anyone suggest anything?