[ubuntu-uk] FLOSS solution for graphing in PHP

Mark Harrison Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com
Fri Jun 22 22:06:44 BST 2007

Thanks to all who responded - it looks like Alan's suggestion of gd is
probably what I need.

rrdtool looked interesting, but the home is pretty much all xAP/xPL
stuff, not least because the HomeVision connector was the first GPL
application I ever released :-)

Time was (about 2002) when I logged every telemetry event in the house
(temp changes, lights on-off, occupancy sensors, etc) for about 2 months
into a MySQL database - trouble was, 1: I couldn't work out what to do
with the data set, and 2:  we had kids :-) I still have a ludicrous
amount of home automation hardware sitting on a shelf in the study
awaiting the day when I'll get the fabled Round Tuit and set it up in a
child-friendly way.

Too many interesting projects, not enough time.....

GD - good call, though. Seems to be what I need.

M.