[ubuntu-uk] FLOSS solution for graphing in PHP

Mark Harrison Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com
Fri Jun 22 18:36:47 BST 2007

Hi all,

I've got what I thought would be a simple problem, and google is not
being my friend this afternoon.

I have a database (MySQL5), and a webserver (Apache), and a programming
language that lets me extract info from one and display it with the
other (PHP5.) These all run on a nice friendly thing you may have heard
of called Ubuntu :-)

What I'm after is a free (in both senses) "thing" (library, probably),
that can grab some data, and turn it into a pretty-looking bar graph. I
don't mind particularly how it outputs the graph provided it's something
that can display within Firefox, so something that could dynamically
build a PNG or a Flash, or whatever really.

However, Google has let me down - lots of chargeable libraries, but
adding the search term "free" gives me "free trial, $69 to buy" or the
like results.

Has anyone any personal recommendations?

M.