[ubuntu-uk] What's happened to all the Linux Mags? "WHSmiths Watch"

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Fri Jun 22 11:07:47 BST 2007

** Howard Berry <howard at berry-loubaud.com> [2007-06-22 10:42]:
> Hello everyone,
> As the is a nation wide listing, I wondered if my experience was
> replicated in the rest of the country.
> The plethora of "buy new cool Vista magazines" seems to elbowing the
> three Linux magazines out of existence in Wolverhampton and
> Bridgnorth.
> My main concern is that my favourite magazine "Linux User and
> Developer", to which I have subscribed for a couple of years, seems to
> have gone very ominously silent: no replies to emails, no replies to
> telephone messages. The web site is still functioning although cobwebs
> seem to be gathering on it.
> Is it me that they don't like, or have they gone belly down??
** end quote [Howard Berry]

I can't speak for WHSmith as I am rarely near one to check, but the
local Tesco Extra (North Harbour, Portsmouth) carries both Linux
Magazine and Linux Format. The local Asda used to have Linux Format, but
trimmed down their offerings in general a year or so back now iirc.
WHSmith in Havant used to a have the 3 Linux Magazines, but I think the
last time I was there to buy one was August last year - nope, I tell a
lie, October last year and then January this year; the joys of doing my
annual accounts - and I can claim them as expenses :)

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/