[ubuntu-uk] suck it and see

Mark Jose kernowyon at kernowyon.co.uk
Thu Jun 21 23:21:23 BST 2007

On Thursday 21 June 2007 22:56, Chris Rowson wrote:
> > A most interesting mail Ian. To familiarise myself with the issues I
> > decided to take up the challenge of installing gnome-orca!
>
> Me too, I tried installing it too and the installation finishes with
>
> You need to configure ORCA by changing /etc/orca.conf.
> Once you're happy with that setup, you can start the
> daemon by typing /etc/init.d/orca start''.
>

> When I try to configure /etc/orca.conf there's nothing there!

At least you got further than me! I had various errors, probably related to my
trying to install orca on Kubuntu. I have Ubuntu on my main system running in
a VM, so I shall see how it works there before I start installing the Gnome
stuff which I suspect is missing from the KDE version and needed for orca.

Mark