[ubuntu-uk] Skype

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Thu Jun 21 18:12:18 BST 2007

Yes, I know it's not really 'free' software ;-)

I noticed a few people mentioning Skype and I wonder of anyone has the
same problem I have on my HP Pavillion 5000 laptop. Skype works fine,
except for microphone input at my end. People can just about hear me,
but it's garbled. I've tried the Skype test number and I now see what
they mean!

Sound generally, works fine on my laptop under 6.06.1 LTS, including the
microphone input. The problem seems to be Skype dropping packets going
out. it doesn't make any difference if I'm at work on ATM or at home on
broadband. Same problem.

What are other people's experience with Skype under Linux?

[My Skype name is "ajtravis" is you want to chat]

	Tony.
Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Rowett Research Institute,          |    http://www.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,          |   phone:+44 (0)1224 712751
Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK.    |     fax:+44 (0)1224 716687