[ubuntu-uk] fit for the purpose

Chris Jones chris.jones at canonical.com
Thu Jun 21 11:48:39 BST 2007

Hi

Tony Travis wrote:
> Believe me, Debian/Ubuntu is much, much easier to upgrade!

That doesn't excuse regressions. I'm sure the QA team would love more
help in reporting, tracking and solving them :)

I would have to agree with norman though - FOSS brings people a lot of
advantages and features they can't get elsewhere, but selling it as a
utopia is doing potential users a dis-service. If they know that it's a
perpetual work-in-progress by a community and that they can be part of
that community, they will likely be more forgiving of the flaws than if
they are rudely shocked by some failure or other and feel isolated by it.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones
  cmsj at canonical.com