[ubuntu-uk] fit for the purpose

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Wed Jun 20 22:41:49 BST 2007

alan c wrote:
> norman wrote:
>> I believe that the very laudable efforts in promoting the use of Ubuntu
>> need to be tempered with an element of caution. As far as I can tell,
>> the server application is well covered and taken care of and my concern
>> is with the desktop user, of which I am one.
>>[...]
>>
>> Norman
>
> I concur with your view, and sympathise, counting myself fortunate
> that so far - as far as I know, I have not had similar problems,
> though I do have an important machine with a scanner - via usb -
> rarely used, I will need to check it. When I have time.
> [...]

Hello, Norman and Alan.

Have you ever upgraded Windows?

Or MacOS?

Believe me, Debian/Ubuntu is much, much easier to upgrade!

However, I use 6.06.1 LTS for all the reasons you mention :-)

Best wishes,

	Tony.
Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Rowett Research Institute,          |    http://www.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,          |   phone:+44 (0)1224 712751
Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK.    |     fax:+44 (0)1224 716687