[ubuntu-uk] Leaflets

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Tue Jun 19 20:09:05 BST 2007

Matthew Larsen wrote:
> Just another thought...
>
> When building the graphics on the leaflet I was thinking about
> putting on the logos for Kubuntu, Edubuntu, Xubuntu and
> UbuntuStudio. I took them off in the end because I thought it just
> over-complicated the leaflet and would make things even more
> confused. As they are all derivatives of Ubuntu as well I thought
> it best to leave it to the reader to explore the different
> versions.
>
> Any thoughts?

I think the Ubuntu Logo and name (alone) would stand well on a
leaflet. It help to focus the 'Brand'.

I can imagine car window stickers

'We do it with Ubuntu'
'Ubuntu Rocks!'
'Ubuntu'

It is not necessary in many situations to complicate with thoughts of
other product family members, Linux or whatever, just get it across
that it is either Ubuntu or Windows. Simple.

They think:
'What is Ubuntu, it is being compared with Windows?'
It is most likely to prompt a non technical reader to at least find
out more.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391