[ubuntu-uk] accessing certain apps

Ian Pascoe softy.lofty.ilp at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 18 22:06:33 BST 2007

Hi Mike

Have you tried the Orbtrics (?) file as described on the Orca System Admin
help pages?  Note only works in 7.0.4

For any other versions of Ubuntu you'll have to go into the terminal sudo
into root and launch the program from there.  This of course is dependant on
the app in question actually being available to the AT-SPI bridge in the
first place.

If it hasn't been written with the bridge in place, there's no other
alternative but to find another app that does what you want that does have
the bridge.

Generally speaking any app that uses GTK + should be OK.