[ubuntu-uk] Leaflets

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 16:37:26 BST 2007

On 18/06/07, Louisa Parry <louisa at louisaparry.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Chris (and since it's my first post to the list, a general hello to
> all too)
>
> I like your pretty version but have a few very minor (proofreading-y)
> niggles.

Thanks :-)

Hi Louisa, I'll go through it when I get home and make some
amendments. There are a few suggestions in this thread that I need to
put in, I'll add your proofreading fixes too :-)

> Also I couldn't help but notice that the word 'linux' isn't used at all
> in the leaflet.  Is this intentional because it's a bit too scary/geeky
> sounding?  Personally I would think it would be more important to
> mention that in the 'why is it free?' section than the stuff about
> Canonical...
>
> -Louisa :)

Yeah, I did kinda leave it out intentionally. A few people have
misconceptions about what Linux is and isn't, especially because of
the FUD that MS is dishing out at the moment. I think sometimes it's
perhaps better to get them hooked first then tell them it's Linux when
they like it already :-)

Chris