[ubuntu-uk] Booting Up

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 20:19:24 BST 2007

Farran Lee wrote:
> Thanks for the replies.
>> The problem message is "[  111.522451] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link
>> is not ready"
>>
>> Does that mean anything sensible?  My set is the same as it has been for
>> a long time.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Keith
>
>> --
>> Keith Bowerman,
>> Prestwood, south Staffordshire, England.
>> Using Ubuntu 7.04 on a Linux only machine.
>>

> maybe it means that it can detect a network device, but the network
> isn't ready. Like when you turn the modem on, it has to load something
> up presumably from the server it connects to, before it is ready for the
> pc to use.
> fazza

This sounds a bit like an issue I have seen before but with DOS based
network drivers for the Netware 3 client.  Basically when a machine was
turned on it would take a few seconds to initialize the network card
link to the switch.  Pausing for a few seconds before loading the
network drivers solved the issue.

I wonder if something has changed in the network driver?

Rob