[ubuntu-uk] Booting Up

peter peter at peterlj.force9.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 13:03:33 BST 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 12:40 +0100, Keith Bowerman wrote:

> >From switch on to the drumbeat of the login screen has been taking 4
> minutes 18 seconds,

Hi Keith

It was me, I am taking the cowards way out, switching on the computer
then making the tea!

I had this problem with a previous version, a previous upgrade cured it,
but the last upgrade broke the previous one also (very strange).

It also rewrote my GRUB (which it must) could this give us a hint?

I must say I am just waiting for another upgrade to fix it.

All the best

Peter