[ubuntu-uk] Searching for a Killer App

Eddie Armstrong eddie_armstrong at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 15 11:13:00 BST 2007

Robin Menneer wrote:
> .  I don't think you need scribus at an elemenetary level - it holds
> out no attractions for me above Writer/Draw in OOo.   Robin
Well you can keep your options open with this set of software.
Do it in Writer/Draw and if you need more DTP import into Scribus.
Scribus imports from Draw and Writer very nicely. You can even do most
of your text formattting in writer and import to Scribus.
I think these programs work well together and are a LOT cheaper than
MSOffice with MS Publisher. :-)
The money you save on upgrades alone would buy you a PC in a few years :-)
Eddie