[ubuntu-uk] 2 questions

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 21:02:32 BST 2007

On 11/06/07, John Watson <borat at ez25.org.uk> wrote:
> How can I ensure my .bash_profile file is "sourced" on every login? When
> I was using KDE before, I changed /usr/bin/startkde so it started a
> login shell.

Hi John,

Andy answered your other question, maybe I can help with this.

You could try a slightly different solution, by putting the code you
want in .bashrc instead - .bash_profile is only read by login shells,
.bashrc is read by every shell.

Otherwise if you're using gnome-terminal, on the 'Title and Command'
tab of the Profile settings, there's a box to tick to make it start a
login shell.

HTH
Hwyl,
Neil.